Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

ohny - part II

After finishing our shift on Saturday we headed to Nolita to check out a private residence that opened its doors for OHNY. I always love to peak into other people's homes, see how they live and sometimes even imagine myself living there.

This apartment was designed by I-Beam Design. While emailing with one of the founders of I-Beam Design I found out that both founders had Raimund Abraham as a professor and mentor while studying Architecture. What a great coincidence! (see previous post) With its six windows this apartment feels light and airy. Another feature that underlines the openness are the sliding doors that were left open when I visited but can be used to close off the dining room and the bedroom. When open they give you a good sense of the whole space.

I can't believe I was able to snap pictures without any people in them because there were at least 10-12 people in the space.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...