Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

guest bathroom - after

Happy Friday everyone! The first full work week after the holidays is coming to an end and I am finally starting to ease back into the groove of daily life, here on the blog, at work and at home.

Today I will photos of our guest bathroom as promised on Wednesday, the contrast between the before and after are not as stark as with the powder room because the guest bath looked decent, if you can't see the loose tiles in the tub surround. But as I mentioned before it looked only good on the outside, below the toilet the floor was rotting away because the toilet was not installed properly and must have been leaking since it was installed. Since all the drywall was in good condition we only replaced the area around the tub with cement board and of course the subfloor was replaced as well. We had known from the beginning that we wanted white subway tile and mosaic floor tile, either hexagon or penny rounds. And I don't regret our decision one bit. Really glad we decided on black grout too. The wall color is a warm gray called Amherst Gray from Benjamin Moore's Historical Color collection. We picked the Lillången sink & cabinet from IKEA because of its depth, we didn't have enough space for anything deeper and wanted a solution with storage underneath. For a tub we loved the Cube Collection from Wetstyle but not the price, so I searched the internet for an affordable solution and found one from American Standard at a fraction of the price. We found it at a Lowes in the area and had it delivered but now they don't seem to carry it any longer. Most of the little pieces, like the mirror, towel holder and tub caddy we already owned and when I saw the matching wooden bath mats on a recent IKEA run I had to have them. I like the light birch color with the white of the tile and the gray of the walls. Hope our first guests will like the bathroom as much as we do.

I am looking forward to be able to take a nice long bath in our new tub this weekend, with candle light and a glass of wine...What are your plans this weekend? Hope you will have a great one!




15 comments:

  1. sieht total super aus Nina. Unser Bad :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT. The black grout and the while tile is amazing, such a good choice. I might have to do the same thing if we ever re-do our bathroom! The gray is similar to the color we have in our bedroom, and I love it. I cannot stop staring at the bathtub, though. The tray with the loofa and those beautiful bottles of shower products...be still my heart! What an amazing renovation, Nina! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks fantastic, i love all of your choices: the bath, the sink, the tiles, the mirror. i so wish i could tile my bathroom it makes such a difference. oh, and i love your little towel hooks too.

    have a great weekend enjoying your bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! I love the old fashion feel the subway tile gives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love the wood against the grey, what a fantastic make-over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! I didn't think you could top the powder room but you have with this beauty! Again, I love the choice of subway tiles paired with that wonderful grey paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nina, it looks wonderful. Very clean and calming - perfect place for a long long soak

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hard work has definitely paid off ten fold. I am still super impressed by how quickly you and P got this done. Bravo Nina (and P)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bathroom looks GREAT and I LUV how you styled it so beautifully! I need to get me one of those bathtub caddys :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I ever manage to buy an apartment, you have to help me to decorate it please. This bathroom looks so amazing! Sleek, stylish and cozy - all in one,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your kind words!

    Ms K, I will totally help you decorate your place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Nina, your two bathroom renovations came out so good! You really have a knack for these projects. I really like all the extra touches and attention to detail; That's really what brings any interior design/renovation project come together. We have that hexagonal penny tile in our master bath and I really love the vintage feel of it. Also, I'm so glad you shared your resource for the Roman shades - Our master is in desperate need of new window coverings. Enjoy that nice long soak and glass of wine. You've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! What is the silver tray on the side of the sink? I'm obsessed with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tray came with the sink and is super functional. It's the Lillangen sink from Ikea. I don't know if Ikea sells them without the sink but it's probably worth asking.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...