Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

California

Hope you all had a great fourth of July!

Our trip started off on the wrong foot after the scatterbrain that is me left her ID and boarding pass in the bin in which I placed my bag and shoes at the security check. Luckily I noticed it not too long after going through security. We sat down at a restaurant in the airport and I saw P put away his boarding pass and I realized I left mine at the security check point. I panicked and ran to the check point and explained my problem, of course I was half crying so the poor TSA guy had a hard time understanding what I wanted but he searched all the bins for me and found my ID and boarding pass. Phew crisis averted!!! In the end I would have had enough time to go home and grab my passport from home because all flights were grounded for hours because of storms all over the east coast. When flights around us got cancelled I was worried that we will not make it to LA in time for our friends wedding. In the end we arrived in our hotel at 3am. We stayed on the Queen Mary in Long Beach, where the reception was going to be the next day. Love the art deco style of the interiors but the hallways to the rooms were kind of creepy. I always thought I might run into the twins from The Shining. Scary! I wish I would have had more time to explore the ship...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The first night we did not get much sleep but had a great late breakfast at In-N-Out Burger the next morning. Oh how I love their fries! After eating we got ready for the wedding and started to make our way to the Wayfarers Chapel in Rancho Palos Verdes for the wedding ceremony. I have to admit I didn't really know anything about the location and since we got there early we had time to explore and discovered the chapel was designed by Lloyd Wright, the son of Frank Lloyd Wright. What a great location for a wedding! My photos don't really do the location justice as I snapped just a few shots with my cell phone. Try cramming a DSLR into a clutch ;) For the reception we all headed back to the Queen Mary were most of the guests partied until 1am and some even later. On Sunday we all met again for brunch on the Queen Mary and afterwards P and I met a friend in Venice. More about our adventures in LA tomorrow!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh man that boat hotel is super scary! It's kind of like the Titanic or something, only creepy. How cool though that you got to stay there instead of a traditional hotel! I'd never think to look into something like that. All of your photos make it look abandoned which only adds to the spooky factor :)

    Love that you had In-n-Out for breakfast! I've never had food from there, can you believe it? The only two times I was in CA was with my ex who was vegan, so it certainly wasn't high on our list of priorities. Glad you had fun at the wedding and can't wait to see more from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, the ship was actually bustling with people but I took most of the photos so early in the morning that most were still asleep. Our hallway was also always full of people but I took the shot in the middle of the night. Supposedly the ship is haunted, they even offer ghost tours. Sounds like fun but only if you don't have to sleep on the ship after ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also you have to try In-n-Out the next time when you are near one. It's so good! Also really dig their milkshakes...

      Delete
  3. Are you still in LA now? I kinda lost track ;-) Great pics, looks like an awesome place for a wedding. I would have freaked out regarding the ID and Boarding Pass, too. Good for u that it was still there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm back already! I'll shoot you an email :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard that boat is haunted. I would also feel like I might run into the twins at any moment. Looks like you indulged in Southern California's finest - In n Out! Best burger in town, I've been told. That church is absolutely beautiful! No wonder since it was designed by Lloyd Wright. So cool. Can't wait to read more about you LA adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...