Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

week thirty

Yes, it is Monday again and a whole new week is ahead of us. Hope all of you had a great weekend. This is no ordinary Monday or post, today marks my 200th post. On one hand I can't believe I have written so many posts already on the other hand it seems so little...

Do you remember my to-do list from Friday? If not here is a little reminder what I wanted to accomplish this past weekend:

- paint door frame around exterior door
- prep other door frame for painting
- install new flooring in the vestibule - did not install flooring but cut it to be installed this week
- email contractors for estimates how much having the old wood door stripped would cost us
 
I didn't finish everything on my list but got a good chunk of it done. My new plan is to paint the other door frame after work so I can install the floor next weekend. We were also able to get rid of one of the mystery appliances in our basement. Mystery because we have no idea how they were able to get them into our basement because they do not fit up our stairs or through any of the windows. P managed to disassemble the dryer and just ten minutes after we put it on the curb somebody picked it up for scrap metal. Yipeeeh it's finally gone! Which still left us with the washing machine. Its screws are so rusted that P was not able to disassemble it. I guess we need some kind of saw to hack it into smaller pieces, which sounds like fun if you ask me...


22 comments:

  1. Well done! I think you were able to do heaps. And congrats on your 200th post.

    I like that colourful rug looking thing on the last photo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The rug is from IKE, it's called Ă–rsted but unfortunately it is quite expensive. Maybe I could wish for it for Christmas?

      Delete
  2. Happy 200th post!! That's quite a milestone! And what a colorful roundup for your week, too. I love Legos, though I never had a collection of little characters quite that massive. Too bad that IKEA rug is so expensive! It's really beautiful. Guess you have to schedule another yard-sale again :)

    Nice progress on your vestibule! Don't you love getting so much accomplished over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin!

      I love getting things accomplished because it motivates me to start the next project or to finish this one. Another yard sale is a great idea, still have stuff left from the last time. I was thinking maybe I could wish for the rug on my birthday or for Christmas. At least maybe part of it...

      Delete
  3. I love the print of that skirt/dress. And it sounds like you got tons done this weekend.
    Happy 200th Post Nina (and here's to many more!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is from Target from one of the designer collaborations. Have a cardigan in the same print as well. Yes, to many more posts!

      Delete
    2. Very cool...and is that Bermuda Shorts on the pedi???

      Delete
    3. No it's chick flick cherry by OPI, it's more of a darker red, the photo doesn't show the true color. Why does nail polish always have these crazy names. Coming up with those names sounds like a fun job.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps they build the house around the dryer and the washing machine ;-D

    Happy 200th post and to many many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought about that too. Maybe they somehow opened up the floor to get the appliances down because the house was built in 1870something and the washing machine/dryer are at least 100 years older ;) I hope for many more posts as well!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your 200th post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 out of 4 ain't bad!! Nice work! And loving the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a pretty good quote too! And thank you...

      Delete
  7. That does sound fun! :) Or a sledge hammer to give it a good smashing?! Congrats on your 200th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, sledge hammer sounds like a fun option as well! It might be a good way to relieve some stress too ;)

      Delete
  8. congrats to the 200! Hey what skirt are you wearing on that pic? I like it!!
    I like the boardwalk pic - it is so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms K! It's a dress from one of Targets designer collaborations (Thakoon) from a couple of years ago. You should check ebay sometimes dresses or skirts in that print still pop up...

      Delete
  9. Woo hoo, I love it when people take junk for free! I've had about 10 people contact me about wanting our rotting fence boards, go figure. And congrats on 200 posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great when that happens! :) Hopefully we can get rid of the washing machine the same way once it is out of the basement.

      Delete
  10. Ah, just when I was wondering how much you got accomplished over the weekend in my last comment, here it is all laid out for me. Well done, Nina! AND you got a mystery appliance out of your basement?! I hope you and yours celebrated a little.
    Congratulations on your 200th post! That's no small feat. Love your skirt and my son would die over those Legos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...