Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

house industries and uniqlo

As of lately I am always a step behind and I did not even realize one of the companies I have a crush on collaborated with Uniqlo and created a series of t-shirts with their numbers, lettering and patterns that arrived in the stores in August. Did I mention I was a step behind, after writing this it sounds more like two or three steps behind. Have I ever mentioned that I love fonts and symbols? Well I do and if I had found out about the collaboration with House Industries sooner I might have been able to pick up one of the tees with an ampersand on it, big fan of the yellow ampersand print and the striped arms. When I finally realized that the collaboration was out there the store was pretty much picked clean but I managed to grab the first tee in the collage below. There are still some designs left online in case you are in interested, they are on sale too. What are your company/store crushes you cannot get enough of?


7 comments:

  1. Gosh, Uniqlo seriously just keeps getting it right over and over. First Orla Kiely, now House Industries?! That's so cool. Don't you have their numbers on your front door? You definitely need a shirt or something from the collection, too. They are all cute and very 70s retro, at the same time. I dig! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Uniqlo finds the best partners for collaborations, don't forget Laduree ;) I was able to buy a tee for myself, the beige/brown one with the 2 on it. Our house numbers are from DWR by Neutra but House Industries sells the Neutra font as well. They even sell it for your computer but I can't get myself to splurge on it...xo

      Delete
  2. oh man my company store crushes i can't get enough of . . . well i really love jonathan adler these days. i love that he has this (mostly) perfect balance of kitschy, mid-century, Scandinavian, and modern with a very slight touch of bohemian here and there in his work. that's pretty much my taste so i find i love much of what he puts out there. now if only i could afford it! and of course there's a ton of others too . . . ferm living, hviit, muuto . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you, I have too many company crushes and am crushing on all the ones you mentioned too. xo

      Delete
  3. I love the pattern- its so retro but modern. also who doesn't love fonts and symbols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the retro style as well and if there is stripes or polka dots with fonts/symbols thrown into the mix, sign me up.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...