Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

chair progress

Another chair update - I have finally gotten around to sanding the backrest/armrest piece after gluing the cracks back together as good as possible. All the cracks have been filled with stainable wood filler wherever needed that I mixed with wood dust from sanding the piece. On the pictures I circled the most obvious crack. Still need to sand it once more with fine grit sandpaper and it will be ready to get the finishing touches.

The natural wood looks so good I haven't made the decision if I should stain or just oil the wood. Wood stains on hand are Minwax Dark Walnut and Jacobean. Maybe I should try to achieve a similar look to my Eames DCM dining chair?

Once I finished the backrest I can start looking for a nice fabric to match...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Perfekt! Den hast Du toll wieder hinbekommen. Da fällt mir ein, dass ich noch einen Tripp-Trapp neu lackieren muss, en "Designer-Stück" der anderen Art...
    LG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke! Ich hoffe am Wochenende kann ich die Armlehne fertigstellen. Dir auch viel Spass beim Tripp-Trapp lackieren :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...