Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

chair - continued

The chair I rescued from its tragic end on a landfill back in April finally made the journey to our place now. I had to drag it onto the path and after that take it on a bus ride. I have already disassembled it, ripped off the broken feet and brought the chrome back to life with Brasso.

When I took it apart I discovered that it was made by Plycraft in September of 1964. Still have to find out more about the manufacturer.
The plywood of the armrest/backrest is cracked and somebody already tried to fix it a while back. I have been trying to glue it back together. Hope it will work as planned. Already started thinking about what kind of fabric I would use to upholster the seat.

More updates to follow soon...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like! Wo hast Du den gefunden? Wir brauchen auch neue Stühle, einer unserer IKEA Stühle ist kaputt gegangen und jetzt muss ich mal in den 2 Second Hand Möbelläden bei uns auf Tompkins schauen, ob es was nettes und erschwingliches gibt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Den Stuhl habe ich im Muell gefunden, mein Chef hat ihn zur Abholung rausgestellt. Wir haben davon noch einige im Konferenzraum, wenn wieder einer kaputt geht, schnappe ich ihn mir ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...