Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

p's new desk

Now that my office is making progress we started working on P's working area as well. 

The desk I found on craigslist for free sometime in the summer and it was sitting in our kitchen for the longest time waiting for us to be moved somewhere more convenient. From the picture on craigslist you couldn't tell if it was real wood or just plastic laminate and the lady who gave it away didn't know. It turned out to be plastic laminate but I still liked the lines of the desk as well as the skinny legs and the hardware. Since the laminate was beat up in so many places I decided to paint the desk. I had seen RustOleum countertop paint for plastic laminate countertops at Home Depot and thought I could give it a try. P chose the color pewter and I started painting it. The paint has a pretty strong odor and is super sticky but rolling it on was nice and easy. After a couple of coats I decided I was done and let it dry for a couple of days. In the meantime I spray painted the hardware black. I have to say I like the outcome (P does too) and only time will tell how good the paint will hold up. 

As you can see in the after shot more changes are afoot and I hope I can give you an update soon...

Happy hump day!

 Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Wow, sieht echt klasse aus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a transformation! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I had no idea plastic laminate can be painted...well, painted that the result looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had same plans to paint plastic laminate, great to hear it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I didn't expect such a nice looking result either. Will actually paint another piece of plastic laminate furniture soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...